To promote the optimal flow of daily plant operations and maintenance, it is essential that the necessary processes and workflows are not only implemented, but also streamlined to ensure maximum output. Operations vary from client to client and specific requirements will be impacted by geographic location and specific commodity criteria.
In 2018 DRA Global acquired G&S Engineering further expanding its offering and footprint in the Asia-Pacific region. From electrical and mechanical component overhauls for surface and underground equipment through to billion-dollar mine and port construction projects, the organisation offers comprehensive services that encompass the entire project lifecycle from construction, through maintenance and optimisation to final decommissioning and deconstruction.
- Construction, delivering both greenfield and brownfield capital projects for clients’ operational assets and infrastructure
- Maintenance and asset management services, providing maintenance, shutdown, optimisation and sustaining capital solutions for new and existing surface and underground fixed and mobile plant
Seamless operations management requires effective plant design, intelligent engineering and efficient workflow processes. DRA Global’s extensive expertise in engineering services promotes plant efficiency, by delivering solutions that span the entire project lifecycle and those that continuously improve on past performance. Professional capabilities across all market sectors enable clients to reduce operating costs and achieve throughput rates above nameplate capacity.
While DRA Global is acknowledged as leaders in coal, platinum and diamond contract operations, clients increasingly rely on our broader skill-set in a wide range of commodities, across all engineering disciplines and from concept to commissioning. With experience in both small and large-scale operations, the organisation’s end-to-end offering not only reduces the up-front equipment costs, in new operations, but also minimises the operational costs incurred by existing engineering facilities. Regardless of the size or scope of these operations, DRA Global meets the financial and quality goals of contracts while clients gain continuity in production, even in exceptional conditions.
Through a tailored approach, solutions are developed to suit specific needs in specialised engineering services, maintenance, small engineering projects, condition monitoring and mobile field services. DRA Global has delivered exceptional solutions to both multi-national mining companies and emerging producers in the following commodities: gold, platinum, coal, ferrous metals, diamonds, uranium, base metals, potash and rare earths.
With over 20 years of successful asset management experience, GRA Global currently manages more than 15 mineral processing plants for clients across the globe. In South Africa, DRA Global Operations and Maintenance is done through wholly owned subsidiary Minopex.
DRA Global specialises in the operation and maintenance of refined coal facilities installed at power utilities. With an impressive history dating back to the late 1990s, through the design and construction of waste coal recovery plants, the organisation soon began designing, constructing, relocating and operating several synthetic coal facilities.
Now, with more than 25 years of industry experience, DRA Global has designed and constructed 19 refined coal facilities in the United States alone. Together with clients and technology partners, they have designed, tested and implemented processing technologies, which separate impurities and waste from raw coal and convert this coal into a quality-controlled fuel source. These solutions reduce harmful emissions and improve the coal’s heading value, not only meeting the stringent requirements of the United States government but also reducing environmental impact.
Clients rely on these complete solutions in materials handling to optimise processes within a power plant, from system design to commissioning and ongoing operations. DRA Global’s record is unmatched in building and operating materials handling systems for coal, limestone, petroleum coke, gypsum and ash through the application of cost-effective methodology. The organisation is able to consistently and efficiently meet the most challenging materials handling needs.
MOMS (Mine Operations Management System) was developed by DRA Global to provide mining and mineral processing companies with comprehensive operational intelligence. When applied in conjunction with best practices, MOMS benefits core business outcomes, including increased productivity and improved return on investment through state-of-the-art technology.
MOMS integrates information from various enterprise systems into a consistent, core manufacturing operations management data model. This state-of-the-art system enhances overall plant effectiveness by enabling clients to better manage their process plants, and ensuring production assets are operating at optimal efficiency. MOMS delivers the right information at the right time to the right people, empowering mine engineers and managers to make timely, pro-active decisions.
BENEFITS OF MOMS
- Improved operational visibility of all manufacturing activities by tracking optimal KPIs
- Streamlined operations and improved coordination and control over operating costs, processes and management
- Access to operational information over a web browser on any smart mobile device for full operational visibility from any location, improving productivity, responsiveness, customer service, and providing insight into business operations and risk evaluation in real-time
- Fully integrated core data model for manufacturing operations management that eliminates data duplication, contradiction and disconnect
- Data integration to various production execution systems, such as SCADA and LIMS, as well as business systems, such as ERP, EAM, and BI applications
- Support for major business systems, e.g. SAGE X3 or SAP
- Built on OSIsoft PI System – an established, leading operational intelligence platform
MOMS FUNCTIONAL COMPONENTS
- Process monitoring & notification (required, core module)
- Production performance
- Product quality validation
- Downtime analysis
- Materials and energy tracking
- Enterprise asset management interface
- Production planning and scheduling
- Document management/archive
- SHE incident tracking